Filipino Members Chapter
The Chapter has the following objectives:
- Assist Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba in matters of engineering and geoscience professions when and as authorized by the Association Council
- Encourage and facilitate the study, discussion and exchange of ideas and information among the members on all questions of interest as engineers and geoscientists and as citizens
- Provide a forum for members to formally recognize the voluntary contributions of its members to the Association and as citizens in the community
- Promote, undertake, and/or engage in such programs, functions, and activities that will contribute to the professional growth and career development of its members
- Establish a registry of Filipino-Canadian Engineers (P.Eng.), Geoscientists (P.Geo), and Interns (EIT or GIT) within Manitoba
- Support the educational aspirations of future members by granting academic scholarships to deserving Philippine-educated engineering and geoscience professionals
- Undertake and/or engage in community services or otherwise cooperate and/or collaborate with community service-oriented groups or entities in their programs, projects, and activities
Search the Events calendar.
Chapter membership has two categories:
1. Full Membership
A full member is any Filipino-Canadian who completed a baccalaureate degree in engineering or geoscience in the Philippines or any other province, territory, or any other country and is a registered P.Eng., P.Geo., EIT, or GIT in Manitoba.
2. Student Membership
A student member is any Filipino-Canadian who completed a baccalaureate degree in engineering or geoscience in the Philippines or any other province, territory, or any other country and is in the process of completing the academic requirements to become registered in Manitoba.
Apply for membership
The Chapter may create the category of lay associate for persons who wish to be Chapter members and are not registered with the Association. Student members and lay associates do not have voting privileges.
In 2009, a group of Philippine-educated engineers formed an organization to represent the interests of Filipino-Canadian members of the Association. A memorandum of understanding was proposed to form a basis of cooperation on issues important to both organizations. In 2010, the Association Council approved the formation of the Filipino Members Chapter.
In 2011 the Filipino Chapter and constitution and by-laws were signed, creating the first Chapter of the Association with members from a specific ethnic group.