The Manitoba System

Engineering and Geoscience are regulated professions in Canada. Each province and territory has its own regulator and membership requirements. Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba is the regulator in Manitoba.

Getting Registered In Manitoba

If you are an internationally educated engineer or geoscientist who has completed an appropriate post-secondary program (typically bachelor's degree) and who wishes to practice engineering or geoscience in Manitoba, you will be legally required to become registered with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.

This means that even though you have a university degree in engineering or geoscience, and you may have worked as an engineer or geoscientist in another country, you may not call yourself a professional engineer or professional geoscientist in Manitoba until you have become registered with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba. You may also not take responsibility for engineering or geoscience work until you have become licensed with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.

Each province in Canada conducts their own academic and competency assessment to determine eligibility and readiness for professional registration.

Visit the Engineers Canada - Becoming a Licensed Engineer in Canada website and the Geoscience in Canada website for information on immigrating to and becoming a licensed practitioner in Canada.

Complete these tasks before you begin


Applicants are required to provide Confirmation of Identity (PDF). You may be asked to provide the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) "Confirmation of Nomination" which indicates you will be settling in Manitoba.

Manitoba residency is not a requirement to apply for registration. However, first-time applicants applying to the Intern Program are encouraged to apply in the province their practice takes effect.

If you will be moving to Manitoba and you would like to start the admission process, review the first-time application requirements.

English Proficiency

Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba's language requirements.

Financial Help

Apply for financial help.

Credential Authentication

You must get your documents authenticated by World Education Services (WES), before you submit your Application for Admission. We do not accept credential assessments done by other agencies.

If you have completed a post-graduate (Masters or Ph.D.) from a Canadian university, there is an alternative to the WES ICAP document-by-document credential evaluation. You may ask the Canadian university to send copies of your undergraduate transcript, that they received at the time of your application for the post-graduate degree, and your post-graduate transcript, to the International Registration Program Coordinator. If for any reason you cannot get the university to provide these transcripts, then you must provide the WES ICAP document-by-document credential evaluation.

Application Forms


Please contact the Admissions Department.